One Act Play Festival Submission Fee: $5.00
To be considered for inclusion, plays MUST be received no later than March 19th. No scripts will be accepted after that date.
TARPON ARTS is excited to announce that we will be the new home in 2017 for the Annual One Act Plays Festival© (OAPF), which has been produced elsewhere in Pinellas County for several years. The OAPF© will be presented at the Tarpon Springs Performing Art Center (P.A.C.) 324 Pine Street, Tarpon Springs FL 34689 on June 8th – 11th, 2017.
Tarpon Arts is pleased to extend an invitation to novice, emerging or accomplished playwrights to submit one-act plays with the following criteria:
– One Act plays, to be performed in approximately 10 – 15 minutes.
– No large casts, ideally prefer 2-5 characters, 6 characters maximum.
– Original plays only, no adaptations.
– Not previously staged within 75 miles of the Tampa Bay area.
– Minimal staging, set, props, costumes, tech support, etc. We use a black set
with entrances at stage left, stage right, and center stage.
– Blatant adult themes/language will only be considered if the play reading committee considers it to be vital to the plot and not excessively offensive to family audiences.
– Our audiences prefer comedies, although we will consider producing some serious dramas.
– A playwright may submit up to 3 scripts for consideration. The play reading committee will select 8 to 10 plays to be performed. To be considered for inclusion, plays MUST be received no later than March 19th. No scripts will be accepted after that date.
ALL PLAYS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY.
– Please prepare either a PDF or MS WORD document and e-mail only one (1) copy of up to three
scripts to: email@example.com
– In the subject line: 2017 OAPF submission
– In the same e-mail, please include, on a separate sheet, your complete postal mailing address,
telephone number and e-mail address and a list of the titles you are submitting. If submission is by
anyone other than the author, please identify both the author and the sender in the above information
– Submitters will be notified of the selection process, BY E-MAIL ONLY, within three weeks after the
– When submitting more than one script, please send only one (1) e-mail containing 1, 2 or 3 scripts and
the cover sheet.
– A $5.00 entry fee, per play is required. – The proceeds of the entry fees will be distributed to the authors
whose plays have been voted on as favorites by the audiences, net of any fees incurred in processing the
payments, as follows:
First place, 50% of the net of the entry fees received,
Second place, 30% of the net of the entry fees received, and
Third place, 20% of the net of the entry fees received.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Producer, Rick Kastel, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in TARPON ARTS. We look forward to hearing from you and to presenting the best One Act Plays Festival EVER!