Coming to the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center June 27 – 30, 2019
Tarpon Arts is thrilled to announce its first-ever Tarpon Arts Film Festival, a three-day event highlighting the work and projects of local screenwriters and directors. Don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of this first-annual festival held in Tarpon Springs, voted #1 Best Historic Small Town in the USA Today’s 2018 Reader’s Choice Awards.
SUBMIT YOUR SHORT OR FEATURE FILM TODAY!
– The Festival will feature five segments at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center with each 3-hour segment including a Feature Film, a Short Film, and a Q&A with movie professionals.
– An Opening Reception for the Festival will be held at 7:30 PM, Thursday, June 27 at the Tarpon Springs Heritage Museum to include movie professionals, City dignitaries, Tarpon Arts staff and Festival patrons.
– The festival will take place from Friday, June 28 to Sunday, June 30. A brief awards ceremony will take place at the Performing Arts Center at 5:30 PM on Sunday, June 30.
– Film submissions will be narrowed down by a volunteer voting committee to 5 short films and 5 feature films to be shown at the Festival. A $5 submission fee will be charged for each film entry.
– Films must be family-friendly: no vulgarity, no harsh curse words, no nudity, minimal violence and sexuality. All entries will be evaluated for distribution.
Awards & Prizes : Patrons will rate each film on a star rating system to determine the Festival’s Fan Favorites winners. A brief awards ceremony will take place after the last film on Sunday, June 30. Cash prizes will be awarded in both categories with prize purses created from net submission fee totals. Minimum award will be $100.
Rules & Terms : Entrant must have all permissions necessary for entering their film. Films chosen to be shown at the festival will sign a waiver releasing rights to show film