Photographers of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to participate and submit those great shots of the City’s stunning architecture, beautiful parks, events, local businesses, and people having fun in the city!
The photo contest is open to residents, non-residents, and City employees from April 10 to June 1, 2019.
Photos submitted may be used by the City for marketing and/or promotional purposes.
Any photos taken outside of City limits will be disqualified.
The City of Tarpon Springs reserves the right to omit entries that are submitted after the contest close date, are in poor taste, or are submitted in an incorrect size or format.
1 – Parks & Recreation – park scenery, people enjoying parks, participating in sports, etc.
2 – Arts & Culture – museums, performing arts, visual art, public art, ceremonies, cultural events
3 – History – historical locations, artifacts, buildings and landmarks
4 – Coastal Tarpon Springs – beach, waterways, fun on and in the water
5 – Landscapes and Wildlife – the natural beauty of the City and the creatures that live here
6 – Drone Photos – aerial views of cityscapes
*Note: when including people in photos, contestant must have a signed release from all individuals with recognizable faces in the photo.
Prizes and Recognition:
Winners will be revealed at a City Board of Commissioners’ Meeting, recognized via Facebook, the City’s event website and at a special exhibition at the Tarpon Springs Heritage Museum.
Prizes will be given out to the First, Second, and Third place photos in each of the six (6) categories which will be decided by a special selection committee to be announced at a later date.
2019 – Entry Requirements:
Formats accepted in .JPG or .PNG
Only digital formats will be accepted. We do not accept hard copies of photos
Minimum file size 4 megabytes
Image size minimum 5”x7”
Be sure to set your camera or smartphone settings at the highest possible resolution for best results.
Be sure your email program is not set to reduce your attachments to a low-resolution format
Please submit the image only – do not embed captions, words, watermarks or photographer’s name on the image. The City will add the photographer’s photo credit to any image it uses using a standard format
File names must be named as follows: category number (1-6), first and last name of contestant, short title of photograph and ending with “2019 photo contest”.
Example: if Mike Smith entered a shot of Sunset Beach he would rename his photo entry: 4_Mike_Smith_Sunset_Beach_2019_photo_contest.jpg
Submit Your Photos by Email:
Limit is six entries per contestant in any combination of categories
Send only one image file per email as an attachment (do not embed image files in the message area)
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read Explore Tarpon Springs 2019 photo contest entry. In the message area enter:
First and last name of contestant
Contact phone number
Select category by number (1-6)
**Please note that some email programs are set to reduce file attachments to a low-resolution format, be sure to check file size.**
City of Tarpon Springs Photo Contest Agreement
In submitting the attached photo(s) (PHOTO) to the City of Tarpon Springs (CITY) and participating in the City of Tarpon Springs Photo Contest I /we (CONTESTANT) hereby warrant and agree to the following:
- The PHOTO is the result of CONTESTANT’S sole artistic efforts unless otherwise stated above as a collaboration.
- Except as otherwise disclosed in writing to CITY in this submittal form, the PHOTO is unique and original and does not infringe upon any copyright or patent.
- CONTESTANT warrants to CITY that he/she has lawful usage rights to the PHOTO, and that the PHOTO is free and clear of any lien. Except for title and possession, pursuant to the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. §101 et seq.), CONTESTANT will retain the copyright and all other rights in and to the PHOTO.
- CONTESTANT grants to CITY an irrevocable, royalty-free non-exclusive worldwide license to reproduce, to distribute, and/or to display two- or three-dimensional reproductions of the PHOTO in any manner whatsoever relating to any CITY publication or event, including, without limitation:
- Public display in City-owned spaces as well as reproduction on CITY items, such as print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, television programs, and the City websites.
- In addition, the CITY will include CONTESTANT’S name somewhere on the document where the photo is used.
- The CITY may alter images of the PHOTO as necessary.
- The CITY may use the PHOTO on CITY merchandise and commercial items, such as a calendar, which may be sold for fundraising purposes. CITY may also use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
- CITY may indefinitely retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the CITY’s photo library, which is accessible to CITY staff via the CITY’s online photo archive.
- Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 106A(3) and only to the extent that this Agreement differs, CONTESTANT expressly waives any rights that he/she may have under 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq., including, without limitation, 17 U.S.C. §§ 106, 106A, and 113, or any successor statute(s) or regulation(s).
- CONTESTANT agrees to release CITY, its agents, officials, employees, and volunteers from and against all liability, relating to copyright, patent infringement, or intellectual property claims or causes of action, arising out of this Agreement and claims arising from CONTESTANT’S participation in the City of Tarpon Springs Photo Contest. In addition, CONTESTANT agrees that for any minor (less than 18 years old) depicted in any submittal to CITY, that CONTESTANT has obtained a duly executed release from such minor(s) parent or legal guardian authorizing the CONTESTANT to use the image of such minor(s). CONTESTANT agrees to indemnify and defend CITY (with counsel satisfactory to CITY) against any and all claims and liability related to the above matters. CONTESTANT agrees to pay all costs incident to any claim, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and consequential damages.
You must read and electronically submit your acceptance of the above rules and regulations for your submissions to eligible.
Your acceptance agrees that all information submitted is accurate and that this agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Florida.