The Cultural Center was built in 1915 as the first City Hall. Renowned architect Ernest Ivey Cook designed the building in the neoclassical style. In 1987 the city government decided to move its offices to the former Tarpon Springs High School building, and plans were made to convert City Hall into a cultural center. The City of Tarpon Springs successfully renovated this important historic site, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hours and Admission:
The Cultural Center is currently closed for renovations with the theatre still open for scheduled performances. Doors open one hour prior to performances held it the theater. Reserved seating tickets for performances in the theater are available from the Ticket Office or ONLINE. Call 727-942-5605 for more information.
Parking is free at the Cultural Center. There is street parking both in front and behind the building. There is also a municipal lot one block north at the corner of Tarpon and Pinellas Avenues. The ADA accessible entrance is near the rear entrance.
The Cultural Center is located at 101 South Pinellas Avenue in Tarpon Springs, Florida, 34689. From U.S. 19 go west on Tarpon Avenue. Make a left at the Pinellas Avenue traffic light. Go one block south, building is on the left between Court and Lemon Streets.
Upcoming Events at Cultural Center – CLOSED until further notice.